The GVA 2000 Multipurpose Support Vessel (MSV) Chemul (ex Safe Karinia) is based on the same hull as the Safe Jasminia.
Chemul is designed for world wide operations under the most severe weather conditions.
Chemul can hold position in any of the following modes.
- Eight point conventional mooring system.
- Active anchor assist.
- Dynamic positioning system.
Main features for the unit are:
- Full saturation diving system for a diving team of 16 persons, with an operation depth of 450 m including two diving bells and a chamber system onboard. A steel hull hyperbasic lifeboat for a full diving team is connected to the chamber system.
- External fire fighting system in compliance with the "fire fighting II requirements" according to Lloyd's Register. Water monitors are remotely operated from a control station.
- Permanent accommodation facility for 236 persons. Total capacity can be increased to 450 persons in accommodation modules.
- One deck crane with a capacity of 150 tonnes at 20 m radius
- Fully redundant DP system, using four azimuthing 2.4 MW thrusters and two fixed 1.5 MW thrusters.
|Type||Accommodation, Construction Support and Diving Unit|
|Operation Water Depth||450|