Health & Safety
It is the policy of GVA to conduct its business in a manner that is compatible with the balanced HSE and economic needs of the community of which it is a part. In addition, it is the company’s policy to comply with all applicable HSE laws and regulations and to apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist.
Everybody who works for GVA anywhere is responsible for getting HSE right. Good HSE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business.
Our goals are simply stated:
- no accidents
- no harm to people
- no damage to the environment
We will continue to lessen the environmental and health impact of our operations by reducing waste emissions and discharges and using energy efficiently. We will produce quality products that can be used safely by our customers. Health, Safety and Environmental objectives are given equal priority with other business objectives.
- Consult, listen and respond openly to our customers, employees, neighbours, public interest groups and those who work with us.
- Work with others, our partners, suppliers, competitors and regulators to raise the standards of our industry.
- Openly report our performance, good and bad.
- Recognize those who contribute to improved HSE Performance
Our business plans include measurable HSE targets. We are all committed to meeting them.