Research and development
Research and Development (R&D) is a core activity of GVA. We strongly believe that to be competitive in today’s market we have to be in the forefront and lead the development within the marine engineering sector.
GVA R&D efforts focus primarily on technical solutions applicable for floating systems.
We see a tendency to move both drilling and production to deeper water and harsher environments such as the Arctic regions.
- Among the current R&D activities can be mentioned:
- Floating LNG facilities
- Winterization of large drilling and production units
- Floaters optimized for Steel Catenary Risers
- Drill ships for areas with small or non-existent infrastructure
- Increased operational safety of drilling and production units
R&D is primarily an activity within GVA but several R&D projects are executed in cooperation with clients such as drilling contractors and major oil companies. We also cooperate with other engineering companies and vendors to seek the best possible R&D team for the project at hand.